Accounts Payable Manager, Wakefield
Curaleaf is a leading vertically integrated medical and wellness cannabis operator in the United States. Curaleaf is committed to being the industry’s leading resource in education and advancement through research and advocacy. Curaleaf leverages its extensive research and development capabilities to distribute cannabis products in multiple formats with the highest standard for safety, effectiveness, consistent quality and customer care.
The Curaleaf Corporate office in Wakefield, MA is hiring an Accounts Payable Manager. This role will have responsibility for managing all activities within the AP function. Initially, the role will be in charge of managing AP at the corporate office with the expectation that company-wide AP will be consolidated under this position.
- Manages AP department: Customer Vendor Relations, which handles all cash disbursements, 1099 and tax related matters
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Reviews applicable accounting reports and AP register(s) to ensure accuracy.
- Manages accounting functions including maintenance of general ledger, AP, and billings related to project accounting; ensures accuracy and timeliness
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Manages monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information, including assisting in the month-end accrual process; ensures accuracy of financial statements
- Enters status change information into project management software to ensure all project information is accurate and up to date
- Provides accounting assistance to project managers and operations staff – including procurement
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of accounting experience – preferably in Accounts Payable
- At least 3 years of leadership experience included
- Experience working with GAAP and ERP systems
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, vendors, and upper management
- Good communication skills for communicating with support personnel and management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Exceptional data entry skills and aptitude for working with numbers
- Significant, first-hand experience operating with spreadsheets
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Highly detail-oriented thinking and proven accuracy
Apply directly: https://curaleaf.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=181