Analytical Chemist, Eustis
Working in collaboration with the laboratory manager, the analytical chemist ensures high quality data analytical testing and reporting in the laboratory. Analyses include gas and liquid chromatographic methods, water content, and other testing as required. Testing is carried out in a cGLP (current good laboratory practices) environment. Knowledge and experience in good laboratory sample preparation and measurement techniques is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand the needs of the test requestor and ensure the tests requested are appropriate and will generate the information needed.
- Ability to develop new methods and perform routine assays with very high data integrity.
- Ability to work autonomously in a cGLP environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Managing multiple projects and analytical methods simultaneously.
- Computer proficiency, especially with MS Excel.
- New analytical method development.
- Generating and maintaining the SOP for the analyses.
- Managing laboratory consumables inventory.
- Analytical: Ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources and draw appropriate conclusions with evaluation of alternatives for each alternative.
- Technical Capacity & Thoroughness: High familiarity with creating and maintaining worksheets and accurately interpreting all analytical data, graphs, and equipment results.
- Communication Proficiency: Accurately and factually communicating results of analytical results, validations, and methodology. Must be able to convey complex information in a way that the audience can understand.
- Customer Focus: Provide excellent service to all internal and external customers.
- Professionalism: Ability to maintain professional conduct, demeanor, and approach.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be comfortable working with medical cannabis and similar products.
- Must be a team player with the ability to lead and work with multi-functional groups.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee handles hazardous chemicals in the laboratory. The employee will be required to wear all appropriate safety equipment including but not limited to eye protection, gloves, and a lab coat.
Library work is required.
An employee in this position works in an environment in which safety, environmental and health concerns may demand constant attention. Strict adherence to corporate and/or plant policies, rules and regulations in these areas is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee occasionally will work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Occasional travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA in a science.
- One year of experience in audited/regulated laboratory environment.
- Experience in lieu of a college degree will be considered
Preferred Education and Experience
- A degree in plant biology or analytical chemistry.
- Two or more years of experience in an cGLP or ISO regulated environment.
Apply directly: https://boards.greenhouse.io/medmen/jobs/4064994002