Analytical Chemistry Technician, Tallahassee
In this role, the Analytical Chemistry Technician is assigned to the testing laboratory within the Trulieve processing facility. Responsibilities of the position include the analysis of specimens by various analytical instrumentation (HPLC, GC-FID, GC-MS and LC-MS-MS); interpretation, review and reporting of results in a timely manner; assistance in review and updating standard operating procedures, participating in safe laboratory practices and maintaining laboratory instrumentation.
- (60%) Performs test sample extractions or dilutions and executes instrumental analysis using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), gas chromatography (GC) equipped with various detectors according to established standard operating procedures. Tunes, calibrates, evaluates analytical instrumentation daily before use and incorporates quality control (QC) tests within batches of test samples. Reviews and prepares accurate sample results and findings.
- (05%) Maintains an accurate list of test specimens received into the laboratory. Reviews each specimen for proper number and tracking throughout testing. All errors or discrepancies must be identified before sample testing begins.
- (15%) Reviews, maintains and assists in updating the laboratory’s standard operating procedures (SOP). Collects, records or tabulates pertinent QC, daily test mix or other similar data and reviews findings with supervisor at least monthly or as events dictate. Participates in the evaluation of new or improved methodology and training of new subordinates.
- (10%) Actively participates in the care and maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and equipment according to both the manufacturers recommendations and standard operating procedures. Assists laboratory in the routine inventory and ordering of consumable supplies so that at no time is laboratory out of stock of routine items. Assists laboratory director in the recommendation, evaluation and order of new laboratory instrumentation or equipment.
- (10%) Practices and actively participates in laboratory safety and performs other work-related duties as required.
The minimum qualifications for the position include a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. Appropriate college course work and experience may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required qualifications.
The incumbent should possess the following KSA’s (knowledge, skills and abilities):
- Knowledge of scientific principles, terminology and techniques related to cannabis processing and testing. Previous HPLC and/or GC experience is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of laboratory practices which ensure safety, accuracy and efficiency.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures which guide employees at Trulieve.
- Skills in the proper use of analytical instrumentation and equipment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, efficiently manage time, utilize problem solving skills and techniques, keep detailed and accurate records and maintain confidentiality concerning laboratory matters.
- Ability to interact and work cooperatively with staff.
The candidate will be required to pass a Level 2 criminal background check
Salary will be commensurate with experience and the range is between $35k – $45k. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. The normal work schedule for the laboratory is 8:30 am-5:00pm Monday through Sunday. The ideal candidate will be able to work shifts during the week and weekends. Work will normally be conducted according this schedule, however, there may on occasion be periods of work in excess of 40 hours per week.
Apply directly: https://www.trulieve.com/careers