Assistant Facilities Manager, Midway
To assist the Maintenance Manager in the management of all maintenance activities for the Facility. To provide leadership, consultation and guidance regarding maintenance expenditure projects, cost efficiencies, process development, modification, and facility maintenance. To lead the Maintenance Planning Department and act as a liaison between Maintenance and all other plant departments.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day activities of the maintenance department and all incoming work/project requests
- Attend daily management meetings
- Develop and deploy maintenance and planning improvement programs and projects that improve the plant and equipment performance.
- Promote safety and demand it from the maintenance organization.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager with maintenance staffing to include hiring, training, and developing the staff to meet the needs of the department.
- Ensure preventative and predictive maintenance is completed and records are maintained on all assets.
- Directly manage the Maintenance Planning Department, the Computerized Maintenance Management System, and Planning Processes
- Develop long-range strategic plans to ensure maintenance requirements are accomplished.
- Act as the Maintenance Manager’s primary backup
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma, Technical or College Degree Preferred
- Experience Requirements
- 5-10 Years required experience in supervision or management of maintenance departments. Understanding of maintenance management systems and process. Understanding of preventative and predictive maintenance. Understanding of manufacturing technologies. Understanding of standard software applications. Strong communication, math, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Experience Preferred
- Industrial Manufacturing Maintenance experience preferably in Food or Pharmaceutical. Previous nursery or grow maintenance a plus. Strong knowledge of Electrical, Mechanical, and HVAC.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package including paid time off is offered with this position. This position will work an average of 45-50 hours per week and will be available “after hours” if an emergency situation should arise.