Assistant Manager, Rockville
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
- Supervisory and lead responsibilities in the retail setting to support the General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
- Working knowledge of P&L and retail business operations.
- Assume all duties of a key-holding employee with opening and closing procedures and basic supervision of staff and retail processes.
- Employee communication and recognition to promote positive team interactions.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Handle patient and employee requests appropriately.
- Provide management and administrative support to the General Manager and Assistant General Manager.
- All administrative duties relating the POS system which can include:
- Inputting purchase orders
- Running product reports and looking at trends
- Creating Sign-ins for employees
- Converting and creating products
- Opening and closing the store and following all SOPs in the dispensary environment across departments.
- Balancing cash registers.
- Adhere to all cannabis state-specific regulations and laws, execute and enforce compliance efforts.
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities.
- Work collectively and respectfully with other team members.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Experience in a retail, hospitality, and/or sales setting with a focus on customer experience is required.
- Prior Assistant Management and key-holding experience is required.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Superior customer service skills and sales knowledge.
- Proficiency using MS Office applications.
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 10 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Throughout extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the work day. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they’re completed effectively the first time.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US.
- Proper employment documentation; reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- If necessary, ability to work 7 days per week and to be flexible with schedule.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is desirable.
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.
Apply directly: https://www.harvestinc.com/careers/?gh_jid=4361679002