Back-End Manager, Atlanta
Surterra is looking for a highly skilled and motivated back-end engineer to join our development team. This individual will lead development of both new and existing features, API endpoints, integrations, and will help to architect data schemas for an established in-production digital platform. This individual will also assist in the reviewing and hiring of additional back-end development candidates.
• Develop and maintain new and existing features
• Architect and develop highly scalable database solutions to store and retrieve company data
• Build and consume internal and external APIs
• Build clean fully tested readable code that is both secure and scalable
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
• Take ownership over project timelines and deliverables
• Maintain visual and workflow consistency across all products
• Participate and support the Agile (SCRUM) development process
• Continuously improve upon technical skill sets within assigned areas of expertise
• Research and contribute technical information to the knowledgebase
• Participate in code reviews and documentation
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficient understanding of Python and/or Go
• Deep understanding of various database technologies like MySQL/MariaDB, PostgresSQL, DynamoDB, Mongo …
• Extensive experience of development workflows with tools like: Git, Github, Bitbucket, JIRA
• 4+ Years of back-end development experience
• Bonus points for skills related to AWS, RESTful APIs, Web Sockets, PHP, Angular/Vue/React, Node.js, GraphQL, Electron, Sysadmin Skills, HIPAA Compliance
• Ability to write well designed, testable, and efficient code using best software development practices and patterns
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
• The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
10 Core Qualities of a Surterra Employee
1. Patient Advocate – Increase the value and happiness delivered to our patients with every decision you make; break down barriers to patient access; advocate for legal and regulatory reform; educate everyone you meet and prioritize patients above yourself
2. Brand Ambassador – Recognize reputation is our most valuable asset; be a public and private exemplar of the Surterra brand, Mission & Vision; seek out new talent; seek new patients in every interaction; create Brand Ambassadors in every person you meet
3. Politically Astute – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect; be diplomatic in response to adversity; build consensus among competing ideas and personalities; formulate creative solutions to complex and unanticipated circumstances
4. Process Oriented – Create and automate scalable processes; employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives; simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions; teach others how to operate within a process
5. Composure – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment; remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations; think on your feet; maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness
6. Good Judgment – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in a given situation; weigh the merits of competing demands in a regulated industry; make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the brand
7. Initiative & Leadership – Recognize and assume responsibility for work that needs to be done; motivate a team to persist in completion of a task; influence a group’s activity, direction or opinion to achieve patient and brand objectives
8. Planning & Organizing – Create order out of chaos; prioritize and order tasks effectively; use Good Judgment on appropriate uses of limited resources
9. Extraordinary Communication Skills – Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner; convey nuances of meaning accurately; match styles of communication to each audience and purpose
10. Impeccable Integrity – Be fair and honest; avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination; always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand; integrity is a pass/fail quality; you either have integrity or you do not work with us
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=224