Cost Accountant, Lake Wales
GrowHealthy is a looking for a Staff Accountant (with experience in Cost Accounting and Inventory). The Staff Accountant serves within the Accounting group and is responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly compilation and reporting of key performance indicators. S/he will perform review of inventory cycle counts and weekly/monthly inventory reconciliations; perform variance analysis of materials, labor, yields, variances, and overhead expenses. S/he will participate in the development of annual budgets and assist in the development and maintenance of standard costing. This Staff Accountant opportunity will be located in the Lake Wales, Florida area and will be a long-term full-time position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Prepares daily, weekly, and monthly compilation of key performance indicators for management review (e.g. materials, labor, overhead, variances, yields, and others as needed)
- Prepares monthly closing journal entries for recording and allocating direct and indirect costs
- Prepares monthly accounts reconciliations
- Participates in the preparation of financial reports
- Performs variance analyses of direct labor, material usage variance, purchase price variances, overhead expenses, and yields
- Fully responsible for capital projects and fixed assets accounting.
- Assists in the development, maintenance, and updating of a standard cost system.
- Performs review of inventory cycle count adjustments and weekly and monthly inventory reconciliations.
- Performs quarterly inventory observations
- Assists with the accounts payable process
- Other tasks may be assigned as needed by management
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
3-5 years of experience in accounting, with 2-3 years in a standard cost manufacturing and/or Agriculture environment is required.
B.S. in Accounting is required
– Experience performing costing analysis.
– Highly knowledgeable of Excel (Pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.) and other Microsoft Office products
– Strong oral and written communication skills.
– Quickbooks and SAGE X3 experience is a plus