Cultivation Manager – Winslow Township, NJ
Reporting to the Regional Director of Cultivation, the Cultivation Manager will manage all activities of a large-scale cultivation facility. Their primary responsibilities will be to manage and optimize all growing tasks including: cloning, transplanting, fertigation, Integrated Pest Management and pesticide applications, crop work, trimming, packaging, waste disposal and inventory management. The Company operates under the highest standards of professionalism. Meticulous attention to detail is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a large-scale cultivation facility and execute all cultivation activities (as outlined above).
- Hire a world-class cultivation/horticulture team.
- Programming and monitoring of climate control systems.
- Maintain indoor cultivation protocols and a nutrient regimen per Curaleaf SOP’s.
- Lead and manage all cultivation employees at the facility including all functional groups.
- Perform all cultivation tracking and recordkeeping functions within the seed to sale system remaining in compliance with all state rules and regulations.
- Responsible for training the entire cultivation team.
- Competent in all cultivation tasks, as well as all responsibilities of all cultivation employees.
- Manage plant scheduling to accurately project all facility requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis, to maximize yield and quality at a reasonable cost of production.
- Catalog and track each individual strain from clone to harvest.
- Oversee IPM program including elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Adept at industry best-practices and well-versed in cutting-edge techniques with respect to the nutrient requirements of individual strains and advanced environmental controls.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cannabis.
- Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure requirements.
- Execute and maintain world-class facility maintenance.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Botany, Agriculture, Ag Business, Environmental Science, Ecology, Soil Science, Horticulture or similar degree required.
- Minimum 5 years total management experience.
- Minimum 3 years cultivation experience as a head grower, cultivation manager, or equivalent, leading large cultivation teams.
- Mastery of all grow mediums (soil, peat, coco etc.) and irrigation methods.
- Must be an outstanding team-builder.
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial cultivation including cultivar rotation, nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, and environmental control.
- Knowledge of plant diseases, pests, and nutrient deficiencies and toxicities.
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of grow warehouse.
- Advanced knowledge of the cannabis plant and genetics.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
- Competency in use of climate control systems (Priva, Argus, Ridder, Damatex), and automated irrigation systems.
- Competency in developing customized fertilizer blends.
- Competency in scheduling of employees.
- Competence in building plant schedules.
- Are at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to pass a background check per state cannabis guidelines
- Are willing to participate in an extensive background check.
- Are trustworthy and hardworking.
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Skills & Abilities
- Advanced MS Office skills required: Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize.
- Ability to focus, attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to remain calm in periods of high stress or unusual activity.
- Absolute reliability and honesty.
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is normal.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The employee is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employee will have moderate exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or the skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize and should be worn.
Apply directly: https://boards.greenhouse.io/curaleaf/jobs/5042063002