Cultivation Technician, Arcadia
Position Overview: Cultivation Technician is responsible for plant care in all stages of life-cycle cannabis growth to include germination, vegetative, flowering and harvest. The Technician journals, monitors and tracks all observations in the company’s software tracking system in compliance with our client’s processes and state regulations.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Clone, plant, water, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and using hand tools and gardening tools.
- Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them.
- Record information about plants and plant growth.
- Feel plants’ leaves and note their coloring to detect the presence of insects or disease.
- Fill growing tanks with water.
- Inspect plants and bud ties to assess quality. Identify pests, diseases or infestations and manage the outbreak.
- Clean work areas and maintain tools in accordance with sanitation standards.
- Check and water all plants in cultivation facility as outlined in the Daily Room-Checklist.
- Transplanting plants into larger containers as needed.
- Trimming plants in the vegetative stage and creating clones
- Washing pots/trays/lights, etc. returning them to the appropriate Clean Room
- Harvesting and Trimming flowering plants.
- Staking weak plants.
- Examining plants for signs of pests or disease.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- Working knowledge of medical cannabis and cannabis-infused product production from seed to sell. Alternatively, a background in horticulture and a willingness to learn.
- Knowledgeable on regulations related to the Medical Use of Marijuana Program.
- Experience with inventory control methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening, negotiation, and conflict management,
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and experience working with senior level executives.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships in order to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem-solving.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Experience and Education:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in horticulture, plant science, manufacturing or business administration OR three to five years of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Business travel may provide for varying degrees of change in the work environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply directly: https://col-care.com/jobs/#op-330807-cultivation-technician