Cultivation Technician, Aurora
The Cultivation Technician is responsible for plant care in all stages of life-cycle cannabis growth to include germination, vegetative, flowering and harvest. The Technician journals, monitors and tracks all observations in the company’s software tracking system.
- Clone, plant, water, fertilize, and water plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools.
- Harvest plants, and transplant or pot and label them.
- Record information about plants and plant growth.
- Feel plants’ leaves and note their coloring to detect the presence of insects or disease.
- Fill growing tanks with water.
- Inspect plants and bud ties to assess quality.
- Clean work areas and maintain tools in accordance with sanitation standards.
- Check and water all plants in cultivation facility as outlined in the Daily Room-Checklist.
- Transplanting plants into larger containers as needed.
- Trimming plants in the vegetative stage and creating clones from material.
- Washing pots/trays/lights, etc. retuning them to the appropriate Clean Room.
- Harvesting and Trimming flowering plants.
- Staking weak plants.
- Examining plants for signs of pests or disease.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- 1-3years of experience in a related position with an emphasis in an operations production/manufacturing environment.
- Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope production activities, both operations, and analysis.
- Working knowledge of medical cannabis and cannabis-infused product production from seed to sell. Alternatively, a background in horticulture and a willingness to learn.
- Experience with inventory control methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills including listening, negotiation, and conflict management.
- Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and experience working with senior level executives.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships in order to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Additional Abilities Required: The job requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to 10pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply directly: https://col-care.com/jobs/#op-444375-cultivation-technician