Director of Continuous Imporvement, Atlanta
Director of Continuous Improvement & Operational Reporting
The Director of Continuous Improvement & Operational Reporting will be responsible for improving top business priority challenges, partnering with the multiple functions across the organization (IT, Finance, Quality, Field Operations, Production, Cultivation etc.) to identify business gaps and risks in current field processes and then follow a continuous improvement (CI) methodology to provide sustainable solutions with proper control points.
This role will be required to work with Business Intelligence to develop, build and deploy comprehensive financial and operational reporting. The intent of the reporting is to provide one source of truth reporting for the leadership team. The format must be easily consumed and from which decisions can be made. A secondary utility of this reporting will be for Continuous Improvement activities.
Enable Advance Analytics Capability
• Lead operational reporting to future capabilities around advanced analytics and business self-service with ad-hoc analysis.
Enable Continuous Improvement capability & culture
• Drive a CI culture across business being simple, nimble & fast. Effectively execute decisions based on data/facts and be an agent of change considering people, process & systems implications with digitally enabled improvements
• Define strategies to achieve transformative state for advanced analytics including end to end Supply Chain Cost to Serve.
• Implement defined strategies to enable the business to solve complex issue through the use of data to include enterprise self-service reporting and ad-hoc analysis.
• Ensure all areas of the business are in scope for this new Analytics capability Project and Initiative Delivery
• Lead Analytics design and deployment; closely aligns with cross-functional business partners and provides senior operational knowledge, design & development activities for the BI/Analytics team
• Deliver all Continuous Improvement & Operational Analytics solutions on time and on budget (10%)
• Identify opportunities through fact-based data driven analysis focusing on root cause analysis and solution development.
Lead teams to implement permanent and repeatable solutions for opportunities and problems Administrative, Legal, Regulatory Compliance
• Deep-dive into a specific area, understand the issue at hand, perform needed analysis, conduct team workout where needed, implement improvements, ensure impact is achieved and that solution is sustainable in a control state, finally transition to process owner.
• Must have a proven track record of partnering with business in delivering quality business solutions
• Must have proven ability to successfully influence others and drive change in a large, complex, global organization
• Must have ability to establish creditability and build strong working relationships with key business stakeholders at all levels
• Must have excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation); proven experience articulating a concept and associated business value that can be derived from the concept
• Must have proven ability to lead leaders and technical professionals
• Manage complex continuous improvement efforts aligned the business imperatives.
• Drive rigor with the continuous improvement process. Ensure the business follows the various tollgates.
• Work across multiple functions in highly matrix environment to drive process improvements, leading by influence.
• Use Lean Six Sigma tools and techniques to drive change as well as other CI methodologies
• Manage indirect teams collaborating cross-functionally and coach other projects within CI or across functions.
• Maintain wholistic understanding of business operations and downstream process impacts. Connect dots and explain change impacts across all stakeholders
• Drive standardization, solutions and optimization of Surterra business processes.
• Identify gaps in business process and address those gaps with realistic solutions. Develop processes that contribute to the overall business strategy and meet resource needs across segments.
• Ensure impact across Fulfillment 5 and financial objectives, plus improve the SM/FE/Supervisor/Craft effectiveness
• Partner with region leadership to communicate and train field employees on new processes; drive adoption with employees.
• Perform other duties as assigned Qualifications/Requirements 3+ years progressive experience and demonstrated success/knowledge
• Strong team player who works to make the entire team successful, regardless of reporting lines, not bound by strict role description and proactively seeks solutions to remove roadblocks
• 5 years managing and/or developing multi-discipline teams, preferably with enterprise reach across multiple service types
• 5 years of specialized/industry experience
• Bachelor’s degree and or Master’s degree from Business, Finance, Technology, Engineering or Project Management or related experience
• English proficiency required Desired Characteristics