Dispensary Manager, Miami
The Dispensary Manager ensures that the dispensary department operations are in compliance with the Office of Medical Marijuana Use Program and internally approved Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
The Dispensary Manager collaborates with the Regional Dispensary Operations Manager and the Director of Sales and Marketing to document and implement practices, policies, and strategies that support a performance and results-driven culture.
The Dispensary Manager is an exempt level position and reports to the Regional Dispensary Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains highest level of presentation, customer service, and compassion to all patients.
- Responsible for managing the dispensary department in a manner that supports the organizations mission as defined by the Regional Dispensary Operations Manager and the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Provide departmental leadership to assure that all departmental operations such as admissions, patient consulting, product dispensing, cash management, inventory management, inventory auditing, outreach, marketing and ordering are functioning with integrity and in the most cost efficient, compassionate and compliant manner.
- Performing monthly, quarterly and annual sales reviews and provide suggestions for improvement to the Regional Dispensary Operations Manager and the Director of Sales and Marketing.
- Responsible for ensuring vigilance, adherence and departmental compliance with the Medical Use of Marijuana Program and HIPPA regulations including but not limited to confidentiality, training, patient record keeping, submissions of reports, preparation of policies and procedures, acting as a departmental contact person for regulators and law enforcement personnel.
- Responsible for training, supervising and evaluating all departmental employees to assure compliance with departmental SOP’s.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring cash management procedures are being followed including, transacting, opening, closing, depositing, reporting, maintaining and reconciling cash with BioTrack and all departmental SOP’s.
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring dispensing procedures are happening in compliance with State Regulations including admissions, verification of patient’s eligibility, allotment of available medicine, entering patient data into the state registry, BioTrack and any other database required.
- Responsible for interfacing with managers in all departments to ensure smooth running of the dispensary.
- Stays informed and knowledgeable about state and local laws, regulations and industry news
- Other ad-hoc assignments as requested by the Executive Director, the Regional Dispensary Operations Manager and the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Practice policies and procedures related to the protection of personal and sensitive data must be adhered to at all times and only divulged to authorize persons.
- Assists the Regional Dispensary Operations Manager and the Director of Sales and Marketing.in maintaining all regulatory licenses and renewals.
- First point of departmental contact with State and Local regulatory representatives.
- Responsible for leading and complying with planned and unplanned audits / inspections.
- Ensuring reportable events are communicated to state and proper recordkeeping is taking place.
- Ensuring compliance with State and Federal Labor and payroll regulations.
Inventory Control and Management
- Creating new product and price points for cannabis products and paraphernalia products
- Ensuring proper management of pre-packaged inventory and inventory movement between the vault and dispensing stations.
- Overseeing and ensuring nightly audits & 30-day audits are being conducted in conjunction with all departments.
Marketing and Outreach
- Organize and lead guest tours and maintaining relationships with physicians, patients, politicians and professionals in the community that we serve.
- Responsible for ongoing education and outreach program relating to medical cannabis for the benefit of member patients.
- Coordinate on the success of promotions, coupon and recommend future promotions and sales.
- Partners with the Human Resources Director in reviewing salaries, writing appraisals, and disciplinary actions when required.
- Records Retention
- Responsible for resolving day to day employee benefits administration issues.
- Oversees bi-weekly payroll processing and personal time off tracking procedures in accordance with company policies and ensuring all pay changes are approved by appropriate leaders.
- Planning & coordination of staff meetings and company sponsored events.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- 5-7 years in progressively responsible retail experience, including at least three years in a management position
- Ability to manage a team of staff members at a time during normal business hours in a fast paced, heavily regulated environment
- Experience in inventory management and reconciliation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient computing skills
- Innate desire to achieve success and a work ethic to match
- Ability to critically think and problem solve without direction
- High level of integrity
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management, or related areas
- Experience working in a heavily regulated industry
Work may require prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a cash register, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing. Requires close vision with the ability to see color and adjust focus. Requires lifting up to 30 pounds occasionally.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com