How To Sell Medical Marijuana in Alabama
Alabama is on its way to opening medical marijuana dispensaries. Today, a state commission began accepting applications for business licenses.
The Alabama Medical Cannabis Commission will accept applications through Oct. 14. They also have information on how to apply and get approved for various medical marijuana-related facilities such as dispensaries or growing and testing.
The details of the questions asked in applications are not available because the commission does not publish that information.
Here’s What You Need To Know:
- The applications for participation in Alabama’s medical marijuana operations are due to be sent on Oct. 24.
- You will be required to pay a $2,500 non-refundable fee if you apply.
- If you are lucky enough to receive one of these rare licenses, the annual licensing fees start at $30,000 for a secure transporter license or the ability to store, transport, and distribute medical marijuana. The fee for an integrated facility license is $50,000, which allows the license holder to grow, process, dispense and/or package marijuana for dispensaries.
- The commission will only issue five integrated facility licenses.
- The state will issue 12 cultivation licenses. These licenses allow holders to grow, sell, transfer, or trade marijuana to dispensaries, as well as to process the cannabis. Licenses are subject to a $40,000 annual licensing fee.
- The commission will issue up to four processor licenses. This allows license holders to purchase or transfer marijuana from growers, process medical marijuana into cannabis through packaging and labeling, and sell or transfer medical marijuana to dispensaries. Each license comes with an annual licensing fee of $40,000
How To Sell Medical Marijuana In Alabama
- The state will not issue more than four dispensary licenses. These licenses allow the holder to purchase or transfer medical cannabis from a processor or buy or transfer marijuana from a grower. A dispensary will be permitted to purchase or transfer medical marijuana from an integrated facility and to sell medical marijuana to a registered qualified patient or registered caregiver.
- The annual licensing fee for dispensaries is $40,000.
- Alabama is accepting applications for state-level testing laboratories. There is no limit on the number of licenses this type can be issued.
- The state testing laboratory license permits the testing and possession of medical cannabis products, and cannabis is grown at integrated facilities. A $30,000 annual fee will be payable by license holders.
- According to the rules of this commission, applicants may only apply for one type of license.
- Each applicant will be required to show that they are the rightful owners or possess permission to use the property they want to build the marijuana facility.
Stay tuned for more cannabis news updates, resources on kickstarting your career in cannabis, online cultivation classes, and much more at Sativa University!