Manufacturing Supervisor, Phoenix
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES *
- Responsible for all manufacturing operations including the safety, quality, production efficiency, on-time delivery and customer service
- Work closely with Operations Supervisor to implement production plan and coordinate production
- Continuously place importance in the organizational goals and visions in relation to:
- Safety and security of employees and product
- Compliance to all policies, regulations, and laws set forth by the city, county and state as required to ensure security of the operating license
- Quality of product and packaging
- On-time delivery and customer service
- Cultivation of leadership values and support of plant personnel
- Process Performance
- Audits (State and city, Quality, Safety, Environment, and Compliance)
- Works on the plant floor to coordinate and monitor production, identify, elevate and resolves production delays, and oversee other production related issues
- Implement short- term projects and continuous improvement processes as directed by the Operations Supervisor to achieve operational excellence and to meet internal or external customer expectations.
- Serve as a leader that is hands on within the operation
- Lead the team in building a positive work environment
- Work closely with Human Resources and Operations Supervisor to create, support and maintain an engaged and team-oriented workforce to meet business demands
- Participate in ongoing education and professional development opportunities
- Additional duties as assigned by manufacturing leadership
- Production management in the food/beverage or pharmaceutical industry desired
- 3+ years of experience with direct reports
- 2+ years of experience with production supervisor title, or 6+ years of experience as production lead
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization.
- Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires it.
- Excellent communication skills and leadership both verbally and through written media
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and guidance and offer the same to others in the department.
- Ability to articulate job goals in a manner they’re completed effectively the first time.
- Must have the ability to push, pull, or lift a minimum of 50 pounds if relevant to job duties listed above.
- Through extended periods, must be capable of sitting, squatting, standing, kneeling, bending, or walking throughout the workday. Must be capable of working in front of a computer for extended periods of time based on job duties listed above.
- At least 21 years of age and authorized to work in the US; proper employment documentation; reliable transportation; valid driver’s license.
- Environmental Requirements and Exposure, depending on work location:
- Exposure to fertilizer, dusts, odors, high heat, low temperature, high and low humidity, high noise levels, vibrations, water, dry salts, allergens, pollen, dust, plant pathogens, other volatile organic compounds, and other environmental variables.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in an applicable field of study (engineering or business) desired.
- Minimum High School or G.E.D equivalent is required.