Purchasing Manager, Atlanta
The Purchasing manager will provide category management for Indirect Spend vendors (services, stores operations, and indirect spend Marketing support) while ensuring successful implementation of Global Corporate Supply Chain and Procurement initiatives.
This role will also act as the central point of contact for strategic projects in Marketing and Brand management that require Indirect procurement representation. Commodities managed are: Printing – Indirect (forms, banners, repeatable indirect needs), Marketing Campaigns – support for Marketing indirect, booth, advertising, Packaging – Indirect, Consulting Services, Facility / Store Expenses, HR Expenses, IT Expense.
The position is responsible for driving, implementing and embedding the continuity of supply for the company in a total cost of ownership environment. Responsible for maintaining national and regional contracts delivering substantial cost savings, supply chain flexibility, and the reduction of lead time to the company.
The role reports to the Director of Procurement and Supply Chain, but will liaise with other Category Leaders and Buyers, as well as Operations, Marketing, IT, Legal, Quality / Regulatory, HR and Distribution.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Commodity Strategy and Strategic Sourcing Quadrant Analysis for assigned spend categories.
- Identify and select vendors to procure requisitioned commodities, meeting criteria such as price, quantity, quality and delivery dates and places contracts and total cost of ownership.
- Manage indirect supplier relationship including supplier scorecard metrics, monitoring contract terms.
- Provide for continuity of supply by developing second sourcing, and, in some cases, multiple second sources for spend categories.
- Represent Procurement Department for Indirect Spend as a representative of the Supplier Management Committee.
- Assist in the CAPA response for the Material Review Board for Indirect Spend categories.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, or Procurement.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Procurement – with an emphasis in indirect procurement.
- Knowledge of best practices from APICS and ISM.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures.
- Ability to utilize ERP systems for use in procurement and materials management.
- Proficiency in windows-based software and Internet navigation.
- High attention to detail.
- High degree of integrity (open, honest).
- Results Oriented and Customer Focused.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Well-balanced risk manager.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time throughout the United States.