Senior IT/Application Support Specialist, Atlanta
Surterra is looking for an experienced technology/application support specialist to assist the Operations Systems Director and functional support staff who serve in company retail stores and delivery centers. This position reports directly to the Operation Systems Director and is critical to his/her peers in the Technology Services group as we seek to drive continuous improvement to existing systems and develop new applications which drive efficiencies, automation, and consumer benefit. This is a national position and supports multiple brands and state operations, which may have different regulatory landscapes and drive different or unique regional solutions. The position may be required to travel and may be needed for after-hours and on-call support. This candidate will establish, measure, and report KPIs and will have the ability to push through obstacles to achieve objectives. They relish not just utilizing technology to assist in all things support, but are constantly looking for ways enhance and improve current processes. Required experience: Bachelor’s degree; or five years of related IT experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Surterra is pioneering North America’s newest industry. Our environment is fast-paced and innovative. We utilize the latest technological advances to ensure that we provide the most cutting-edge applications to both our internal and external partners as well as our patients. These applications enhance the way we do business internally and externally. Because we are forging a new frontier in the face of federal illegality, many of the best industry-standard or “off the shelf” solutions have not been available to us. Similarly, there is no best-practices guidebook for our industry to follow and we must be inventive and lead the industry by creating and constantly evolving cannabis industry best practices. Our workflows are unique and much of our system stack is comprised of custom purpose-built software designed to be friendly for end users and tie directly in to our ERP, CRM, and order management systems. System & data integrity, reporting, and proper controls are critical components to maintaining financial compliance and maintaining regulatory compliance with local, state, and federal entities. Ensuring proper systems management and controls, measuring and driving efficiencies, improving logistics, and smart automation are concepts that should make this candidate salivate. Additionally, we are building multiple facilities including new facility types and expanding our lines of business to support customer demand and growth.
CORE JOB DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
• Working knowledge of established retail workflow and practices
• Understanding of delivery of IT services within a business environment
• Experience supporting Windows OS, Mac OS, and iOS
• Troubleshoot issues with Desktops, Laptops, Peripherals, Tablets, and Smartphones
• Setup/install local, wireless, and network printers
• Provide upper tier support for application issues
• Understanding of a domain/corporate IT environment including PC/Laptop setup
• Basic knowledge of network technologies (LAN, WAN, wireless)
• Assist with testing and deploying new release candidate versions of manufacturing and retail systems updates, upgrades and migrations to any potential new software system
• Assist with provisioning, controlling, and monitoring user access to retail systems
• Assist with the development and maintenance of reference guides, work instructions, and/or policies and procedures to ensure successful knowledge transfer and mastery of concepts and processes
• Assist with end user training
• Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly, problem solve in real-time, and be able to adapt to changing environment
• Provide timely communication on issue status and resolution
• Track issues and software bugs in the various retail and inventory systems and follow through to resolution.
• Research and contribute technical information to the knowledgebase
• Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills
• Work closely across business units to understand all systems.
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Be an independent and fast learner
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products and database applications
• Be extremely detail-oriented
• Deal with ambiguity and thrive in a fast-paced business environment
• Be a dependable team player with strong business acuity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
• Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise
• Continuously improve upon soft skill sets required to deliver outstanding customer service
• Other functions as directed by management.
SURTERRA WOULD PREFER:
• 5 years of experience in an IT Support role
• Experience with support of Retail environments
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
• The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery
• The person in this position frequently communicates with other employees/customers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SURTERRA CORE QUALITIES
Be Ethical – Do everything with impeccable integrity. Be radically transparent, fair and honest with each other. Do what you say you are going to do. Be trustworthy. Avoid deceit, favoritism and discrimination. Hold people accountable without emotion. Comply with regulations. Integrity is a pass/fail quality; you must have it to work with us.
Be a Champion – Always work in the best interest of the patient and the brand. Empower our patients to find their wellness. Support their doctors’ recommendations with respect. Be a constant learner in support of patients’ need for information. Partner with patients to make the best choices for their well-being. Fight for their rights to do so.
Be Bold – Be curious, creative and an exemplar of the Surterra brand in all your interactions. Be bold and innovative. Dream big, take chances. Investigate and learn with every challenge. Think three steps ahead and make a plan. Set the strategy and execute against it. Speed counts.
Be United – Build strong interpersonal relationships based on trust and respect. Create an inclusive environment where all voices are heard. Listen objectively to opposing views. Be diplomatic in response to adversity. Always assume good intentions. Build consensus among competing ideas and personalities. Be a strong teammate. Show compassion to everyone.
Be Efficient – Employ a systematic approach to achieve objectives. Simplify complex and time-consuming activities into simple, efficient actions. Automate processes wherever possible. Teach others how to operate within a process. Never confuse motion for progress.
Be Well – Organize and operate within a complex and chaotic environment. Remain calm, poised and effective in stressful situations. Accept the inevitability of changing priorities and redirect as needed. Think on your feet. Be resilient and show grit in the face of challenges. Avoid taking offense and never be defensive. Maintain a healthy lifestyle and psychological hardiness. Set your boundaries and respect the boundaries of others. Lead by example from the front.
Be Wise – Discern what is appropriate, practical and realistic in any given situation. Weigh the advantages of competing demands in a regulated industry. Make decisions that are a win-win for patients and the business. Say no to good ideas in favor of the best ideas. Remain open to new information and adapt accordingly. Use good judgment on appropriate use of limited resources.
Be Articulate – Show up with confidence. Communicate with enthusiasm. Speak and write in a concise, grammatically correct, precise and persuasive manner. Convey nuances of meaning accurately. Match styles of communication to each audience and purpose. Demonstrate executive presence with confidence, decisiveness, dignity and poise.
Apply directly: https://surterra.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=191