Sr Director of Corporate Social Responsibility, Atlanta
The Sr. Director / Director of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) will partner with executive leadership and key internal and external stakeholders to design, implement and lead the execution of a multi-faceted corporate CSR strategy, framework and programs that align with the corporate vision, mission and values, and with industry best practices. The CSR strategy will reflect the issues and priorities critical to being a good corporate citizen as it relates to who we are, the cannabis industry, our consumers, and our communities. The CSR function will ensure Parallel is socially accountable to itself, its stakeholders, and the public.
Reporting to the SVP, Corporate Communications, the right person will maintain direct accountability for CSR and community relations initiatives in the United States (US) and in international regions over time. They will be responsible for aligning and implementing CSR initiatives across our Operating Markets and other corporate-level functions. They will build the framework and implement a CSR that aligns with both: 1) Industry best practices and 2) Parallel vision, mission, values, and conduct research to come up with ideas. Partnering directly with the Government Affairs (GR), HR, Legal, Compliance, Operations, Brand, the broader Corporate Communications team, and other corporate function leaders, they will shape the CSR agenda around the (3-4) CSR pillars of impact: Social, Environment, Governance, and Well-Being.
The head of CSR will develop the strategic playbooks for how to bring the CSR programs to life, which would include a mix of: industry alignment, non-profit partnerships and support, Parallel business practices and operations, Parallel associate engagement and Operating Market pull through. They will work across Corporate Communications team members to communicate the Company’s CSR narrative to external and internal stakeholders, be the spokesperson for the initiatives, be responsible for raising awareness of the Company’s commitment to CSR, and generate publicity around our priorities.
This person will create a framework for Operating Market community relations strategies, which would include regional initiatives that help establish Parallel as a force of good in the regional markets and local communities in which we operate. In highly regulated industry, we must follow state and federal regulations and be compliant and responsible in everything we do. This role will act as a trusted advisor to leaders of the company and ensure compliance and governance for all programs.
This individual should have an extensive track record of developing and successfully implementing CSR and community engagement programs, preferably from a large, global company. This individual must be able to hit the ground running in a fast-pace, highly collaborative, rapidly changing environment. This person would also oversee the development of an associate communications team, to support initiatives as needed. Parallel combines the excitement of a small company, the social purpose of a non-profit, and the growth opportunities of a major global corporation.
CORE JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish the vision for and drive the execution of the Company’s US and global CSR function.
- Oversee the short- and long-term goal setting and strategies.
- Develop and oversee the company’s CSR governance and stewardship structure.
- Ensure that the practices, processes, programs, partnerships and procedures are ethical, compliant, sustainable and scalable.
- Partner closely with GR, HR, Legal, Compliance, Associate Communications and External Communications, and Operating Market leads.
- Partner with HR on the appropriate external forums to drive diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs.
- Work GR and HR to develop programs that align with state, federal and industry policy goals such as diversity and inclusion or social justice.
- Engage with key stakeholders in government, community, industry, civil society and international organizations to capture valuable information about emerging social, environmental, industry or community issues.
- Serve as Company spokesperson regarding CSR efforts.
- Quantify impact and value to the business and develop ongoing tracking and reporting mechanisms.
- Maintain awareness of industry-wide best practices and developments in CSR and appropriately provide leadership on internal changes as necessary.
- Build and manage high level relationships with external organizations.
- Organize, prepare and lead regular CSR committee planning meetings.
- Develop strategies for engaging associates in partnership with Associate Communications.
- Develop and manage department budget for CSR initiatives.
- Create CSR reports and showcase impact.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 10+ years of corporate, agency and/or foundation experience including a minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in public affairs, and/or corporate responsibility – either in house at a foundation, corporate setting, or agency work; Background in social impact and community partnerships a plus.
- Direct experience in building signature CSR engagement programs aligned to the company’s business priorities with multiple external partners.
- Understanding / experience with social, community, environmental and governance programs.
- Ability to think strategically, to link CSR efforts with larger business ambition and success.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple high-visibility/high-impact projects.
- Strong track record of delivering results.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and problem-solve.
- Ability to develop relationships across the Company and with outside partners.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, with high levels of comfort with all constituent groups.
- Strong understanding of regulated industry and its impact on CSR.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to structure and manage multiple initiatives. simultaneously and drive to completion, often with short deadlines.
- Ability to work cross functionally in a fast paced environment.
- In-depth understanding of sustainability and impact reporting and practices.
- Able to travel as needed domestically and internationally.
- Someone who portrays our values.
- One vision, strategy and integrated action plan across the Company.
- Increased awareness of Corporate brand and our CSR initiatives.
- One voice to the internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic plans that are implemented in our Operating Markets.
- Increase in achievement of external CSR certifications, recognitions and reputation tracking.
- Increase in community partnership initiatives.