Warehouse Manager, Eustis
Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Safety – Proven ability to recognize safety as the organization’s highest priority.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Prior experience within a results-driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with good interpersonal skills preferred.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively; Prepares and supports those affected by change.
- Background that is committed to developing and maintaining a work culture that breeds trust in your fellow employees and commitment to contributing to the success.
- Must be able to work effectively in a busy, multi-tasking work environment and prioritize workload based on multiple inputs and pressures.
- Must be able to work independently, requiring little direct supervision from Maintenance & Engineering Manager.
- Must have the ability to effectively supervise others and maintain discipline with the department.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints, drawings, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must possess the ability to clearly and effectively communicate through verbal and written means.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas, dust, and/or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; ascend and/or descend stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift, move (in some cases drag items), slide, raise and/or place:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; ascend and/or descend stairs; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift, move (in some cases drag items), slide, raise and/or place:
- Up to 10 lbs. from ground level and hold weight overhead; return weight to starting position.
- Tighten and/or loosen a standard torque wrench up to 50 ft./lbs.
- Up to 33 lbs. from 5 inches off ground and raise to 47 inches and then return 33 lbs. to original position.
- Up to 60 lbs. from 31 inch shelf and 2-hand carry for up to 5 ft. and then return 60 lbs. to 31 inch surface.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Salary 40+ Weekly
Required Education and Experience
High school graduate or GED, minimum of a AS degree
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Verifiable 5 – 10+ years-experience of leading employees in an industrial maintenance setting or service department.
- Documented and verifiable Journeyman level skill and knowledge of a trade.
- Must be experienced with Microsoft Office Suite applications. This includes email via Outlook, document creation and editing via Word, and spreadsheets via Excel.
- Strong skills working with computers and able to learn, navigate and use designated software programs as required to perform job functions. This includes CMMS applications.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Must successful complete and pass background and drug screen, and live scan.